Thursday, March 8, 2012

Apologies

My sincerest apologies for the my absence since before Thanksgiving!  Time truly does speed by - especially when we're busy.  I have not felt the need to post much.  And, I admit I do not always think to post things here!  Something I hope to get better at doing. 
This year has offered me a firm reminder of how important the positions school counselors play.  Next year will be full of new things.  Each year is, after all!

I plan to send home questionaires in April.  I want to know what parents would like from me.  What topics you would like covered in large group lessons as well as small group counseling.  Finally, Mrs. Kim Henningsgard and I would like to offer at least one parenting workshop and we are working toward developing that.  This year we will be offering a quick introduction during the P.T.O. meeting on May 10th!  We are excited for this opportunity!

Watch for these questionaires and be sure to return them to me so I know what parents are looking for: what is going well, what is not...